Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Stashbusted Knitted Christmas Cowl

Look! It's a bird. No, a plane. It's a....


Giant sling! No! A papoose carrier?

Sillies! It's the GAP-Tastic Cowl by Jen Geigley. Brought to you using my best model poses and faces. I've been taking notes!


Drown yourself in this fabulous texture! 


Thoughts:

  • A mindless knit was just what I needed in the middle of all this moving. It gave me something creative to do while sitting on the couch in the evening absorbing the new move or resting my aching muscles. 
  •  I used Jen's pattern as a jumping off point. I added the contrast bands and kept knitting until I felt the proportions were right.
  • This is my one handmade Christmas gift!
  • I used some stashed Lion Brand yarn I bought in my teens. It had been ripped out twice before...
How are the holiday preparations coming for you? Are all your gifts ready to go?

4 comments:

Angela said...

That looks so cozy and warm!! Also, it seems very versatile. :)


I got some knitting looms over the summer, and I made about 2 dozen scarves with matching hats that I brought to Thanksgiving. I instructed everyone to take what they wanted and then gave the rest to my mom to pass out at work. Does that count as gifts?

Andrea Firth said...

I still haven't done the bulk of my Christmas shopping, school holidays have started, and now I have a sick child too. Not quite panic mode. Yet.

EmSewCrazy said...

Oh my lands! That's a lot of knitting! I'd love to try loom knitting sometime. It seems like it would be a lot of fun once you got the machines figured out. I'd say that you got gifts covered. :)

EmSewCrazy said...

Oh dear! Hope your kiddo gets better soon. So many germs floating around right now. Hang in there! Remember everything doesn't have to be as big and grand as we think it does sometimes. :)