Thursday, December 11, 2014

La La La Lola!

It seems 2014 is quickly coming to a close so I guess I better get my bum in gear and finish blogging about my makes! Here's one I whipped out and photographed right before the move. It's my first Lola by Victory Patterns.

Nananananana, Disco! Or maybe Ninja! 
Dog, how did you find me? 

Obligatory, all around view.
Thoughts

  • So this is very bright and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to wear it around in public... but it makes a smashing around the house dress.
  • I'm 5' 10" and I added 3 inches to lengthen the bodice pieces and skirt. I probably did something to the sleeves as well but I can't remember what.
  • Between adding the length and the stretch of the pink fabric I'm feeling proportions are a bit off?
  • The pink fabric is probably too light for this design as I can see it really stretched and bags a bit. 
  • When I was researching this pattern a lot of people questioned the amount of pieces for a knit dress. Well it's superb for color blocking which gives you the look of a body con dress with the comfort of your favorite sweatshirt. (Don't believe me, wait till you see my second version.)
  • Pattern went together super easily and really pretty quick for all those pieces. ;)
  • These both came from the stash and I'm pretty sure this was one of my FESA makes!
I think that's about it... any questions please ask and I'll try to remember... 

Question for YOU! Would you wear something this bright out in public? Are you a solid or a print fan?

3 comments:

Angela said...

I think that the dark solid behind the pattern really tones down the bright colors. I would have no problem wearing this in public. Question, though, why are the pockets so low? Is that a design element, or is it functional for you?

EmSewCrazy said...

Hi Angela! Hurrah for a public vote! It is super cheerful.
The pockets are low because of the length I added and the stretch of the fabric. I have to lean a bit to get into them...

EmSewCrazy said...

Well if my muse has spoken who am I to argue? :) Maybe I'll start wearing it in the house and see where it goes from there.