Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tank Top Hack Or When I Actually Sewed On Theme

Well hello there bloggy friends! I'm feeling a bit crazy right now because I'm leaving a week earlier than planned! Cue the crazy pre-trip sewing! I know I'm not the only one who does it....

One of the things I've been wanting to make is a shelf bra tank top for pajamas. It turned out to be super simple. I used my TNT knit top pattern and cut the front and back twice. The second set I just cut to my measurements from shoulder to under bust plus seam allowance. I made a casing and inserted elastic that was snug around my ribcage. I tested it for a week and it works great! Its also made from thrifted jersey bedsheets so it's soft and cozy.


That's it for today guys! Crazy Sewing Lady, Over and Out!

11 comments:

Crab&Bee said...

Nice job modifying your pattern and using thrifty sheets to boot! A good tank pattern is one of my holy grails of sewing, and I'm envious :)

Heather Bee said...

Sew like the wind cause you need more comfy tanks. :)

Sharon said...

Sounds perfect and so comfy.

EmSewCrazy said...

It's super comfy and the perfect thing to sleep in!

EmSewCrazy said...

I'm doing my best! I'm still hoping to whip out a tunic top before I go....

EmSewCrazy said...

This definitely isn't perfect but since I was making it for pjs it turned out well. I was surprised at how well it fit without armhole modifications since it is a pattern for a shirt with sleeves. Do you have a TNT knit pattern? It might be worth a shot?

Crab&Bee said...

It looks pretty great to me! Ya know, I think my Renfrew is close-ish after my last round of modifications. Unlike a lot of people, I find the scoop neck on that pattern really high because of my long torso.

Carolyn said...

Great tank top, and I love the fact you re-used comfy old bedsheets. Sounds delightfully soft :)

Borsmenta said...

Cool idea with the elastic. Never thought of it, but will have to try. Yours turned out perfect.

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks! It is super comfy!

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks. It works super well. If you need more info, let me know. I was pretty short on direction in my post. :)