Monday, December 2, 2013

Pink Travel Tunic


Thrift stores are my downfall. How could I resist this vibrant hot pink in a warm woolish fabric? I’m flying to West Virginia with my Mother to visit her side of the family for Thanksgiving and was hoping it would make a nice tunic. Since I’m a diabetic wearing an insulin pump I have to pat myself/my pod down. So, easy yet private access is needed and tunics fit the bill perfectly!

I used my TNT knit top pattern flaring out from the waist line down to the edge of the fabric. Might as well use all of the fabric that you can and us tall girls have to eke out all the length we can. I decided to make the side seams pointy for a fun twist.

My dumb move was ignoring the writing on my pattern and cutting my sleeves too short. I should really trace off a new altered copy. I could have added cuffs but decided to go a bit classier and call it bracelet sleeve length or something…
My fabulous overzealous photography helpers.

I’m pretty happy that I got this done because it is also my contribution to the Bow Blouse Sew-a-long. I went back and forth between a big bow or something a little less in your face and decided to go with a Dior style bow (at least I think that’s what it’s called)  on a slightly scooped neckline. (sorry I don't have a better closeup)




I’ll have to wear an undershirt since it is slightly itchy but it should be warm without bulk and comfy yet cute for traveling. With everything going on this month I was super happy to get something done for the Sewalong. To see more amazing bowness check out Erin’s blog for bows in all their incarnations from the 20's to modern day.
In the second airport. Bow's looking a bit floppy.
I'll have to tack it down. 


6 comments:

Heather B said...

Great color on you. You will get no guff from me for buying more fabric. ;)

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks! I really like this color too! Glad someone gives me a pass on buying more fabric!

Jen said...

This is so cute and I absolutely love the neckline detail :)

Carolyn said...

This is the most cheerful and Christmassy colour!

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks, I love it more each time I wear it. I really wanted something a bit subtler plus I was running out of fabric. Necessity is the mother of invention! :)

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks! The bright pink is what first attracted me to this piece of fabric.