Monday, December 30, 2013

Last of the Christmas Gifts

I managed to recover from all the hacking and coughing, shivers and aches in time to finish up the last few Christmas gifts...

I took a photograph which I traced for this special little embroidery for a
friend who started our local sewing group, Tubs Anonymous (cause we all have
tubs of fabric at home and the local quilting guild had already taken the name,
Prairie Strippers).  I glued it into the frame on Christmas Eve and covered the
mess with some ribbon glued to the back.

My brother hates hugs and touching of any kind so of course
I had to make him this fabulous design from Sublime Stitching.

I love all the felt birds designed by Susan of Downeast Thunder Farm
 and was very happy to get my
Grandma's favorite bird made up for her tree.

The not nieces and nephew have started playing imaginary games like "King"
so I thought I'd make some dress up clothes! I hacked the Tumble Tee pattern for
the make the princess dresses. I used this tutorial for the gathered skirts and cut the front of the Pink
Princess's skirt in thirds to add the lace panel while leaving the back in one piece. I just sewed some
costume necklaces right on so they wouldn't loose them.
The knight/king/warrior costume came from the dollar store and a large piece of purple velvet I cut
into a cape shape and sewed onto the shoulders of the breastplate.


Welp that's about all I've gotten done for the rest of 2013... Stay tuned this week for the wrap up of the Stashbusting Sewalong 2013. We actually have some neat little prizes for those who have participated.... And hopefully we'll have all our ducks in a row and we'll be announcing the details for STASHBUSTING 2014!! Watch out fabric we are coming for you!!

PS. The Fabric Elf chose a winner for my Christmas fabric giveaway! Thanks to all those that participated. The Fabric Elf and I loved hearing your special Christmas memories!
Congrats Sandra! Your package will be in the mail soon.
Hope you all have a great time celebrating and I'll see you in the New Year!

12 comments:

Donna said...

Good idea for the princess dresses! Happy New Year!

Heather Bee said...

OMG I looooove that cardinal. Have bookmarked the pattern for future use. The Hug robot you made for your brother makes me giggle. I totally would have done the same thing.

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks, Happy New Year to you as well!

EmSewCrazy said...

I know!! That lady makes gorgeous birds and I was so happy when mine turned out looking that nice. :)
The hugbot is FABULOUS! He promptly regifted it to my Dad so we blew up photo copies of it and taped it all over his room. He's going to know feel the love one way or another! ;)

Heather Bee said...

I forgot to add that I'm so happy you are doing Stashbusting 2014! I must do a better job of stash busting on the new year if I want to save up for a new sewing machine.

EmSewCrazy said...

Oooh new sewing machine is a great reason to save up! Do you know what kind you want to get?

Cari Homemaker said...

Love the dress-up clothes. Great idea sewing the necklaces on.

Heather Bee said...

Right now I'm leaning toward a Baby Lock. But it's gonna take at least a year to save up. Who knows what I might decide then. ;)

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks. I was pretty excited with how good it looked!

EmSewCrazy said...

Nice. When I upgraded I went with a home industrial Necchi and it has been fabulous. Never heard of them before then but it powers through multiple layers of denim and leather with ease.

Carolyn said...

Your Christmas gifts are all so cute! Sending you very best wishes for a happy, healthy and productive 2014 :)

Rachael Gander said...

the princess dresses are fabulous!!! and i love that cardinal too!