Friday, November 8, 2013

Testing Testing, Read All About It! Expresso Customized Leggings Take The Cake!

Whoo Hoo! The Christmas Elves are happy tonight! They're sorting through the stash to find lots of legging fabrics to keep them warm as the work!


Fabric: 4 way stretch swimwear fabric that I'm pretty sure is almost 100% spandex bought many years ago when I first started sewing with knits. I didn’t know much about them and this was in the dollar bin. It’s the piece of fabric that just keeps on giving. It has so much stretch and recovery I didn’t even have to put elastic in the waist band. They also stretched out super long so I can use them as footies if I want.  This fabric has always been cool to the touch and when I wrap my legs in it I’m actually colder wearing them than I am bare legged. Which defeats my primary purpose in wearing leggings: to keep me WARM.

Pattern Details: Using Cake's measuring tutorial and template I was able to easily draft my specific size leggings even even when my measurements fell in between some of the numbers. I'm 5' 10" and was interested in seeing how these would do in length. It was very easy for me to add an inch at the bottom to make sure these cover ALL of my legs.
Using the stripe/stretch line meant these stripes practically matched themselves, much to my delight.
There's not much more I can say about them. If you're like me, quit dreading and putting off the measuring. Draft those buggers and get to sewing! I see a new addiction coming on!


As you can see, I feel like a happy elf in them. These will be put in costume rotation because they make me too happy to get rid of. Anyone know of any elf parties happening?

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Super cute! I love the look of striped leggings! I knew exactly what you meant about the cold fabric... it's a funny phenomenon. I wonder what causes that?

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks, I really want to get some warmer to wear striped fabric and make another pair. They are so fun. Interesting you've experienced cold fabric as well... now I'm really curious as to the cause.

niddetissus said...

Those are awesome!!

EmSewCrazy said...

I know!! They make me so happy!

Unknown said...

They are super cute!! Too bad they don't keep you warm!

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks! I know, I was kind of bummed when I finished them and realized how amazing they actually turned out. But it was a good practice run and I'm definitely going to use them for fun!