My Hits, those "favorite creations, most worn or most loved" seemed to match with my misses, those "sewing fails, UFOs, worn once or complete disasters". So I decided to collage them together.
|Hit: Maxi Red Velvet A neutral color allows it to be accessorized and it's simplicity means I can were it anywhere.|
Miss: Maxi Tiramisu I only wore it a few times because it was big, heavy and too odd of a design.
|Hits! I've got a basic straight leg trouser pattern that I love. |
Five pairs of Espresso leggings that are seeing tons of wear.
Lastly, an almost wearable muslin for a bootcut jean. I just have to make two alterations to the pattern for a perfect fit.
From there I can use it for some skinny jeans.
|Misses: The green pants are very wearable as pajamas or lounge wear not the elegant trouser I was going for.|
Pink was a vintage pattern that I played and played with. I think they'll be cut up into something else this year.
Half Miss: Navy cords were very wearable but I copped out of a fly front for a side zipper and it has given me nothing but trouble. Next time I'll knuckle down and insert my fly front and if I use that heavy of a corduroy, I'll narrow the leg width.
|Hit: the striped knitted sweater was finished the end of last year but I've worn it TONS and always get compliments. So far the wool has shown little sign of wear.|
Miss: This sparkle knit sweater was never blogged. I experimented with a vintage pattern and I just feel like the results are messy. I wear it very infrequently.
|Hits: Lots of fabulous tops this year! If I had to choose just five of them it would be these: Cabarita, Beauty, Camo Fluff, Vibrant Tunic, and Nautical Stripe. Two were made with my TNT knit top pattern and the other three were patterns made with my measurements.|
Miss: My Sew Weekly Top started out as a vintage pattern was cut down and still didn't fit me correctly. I already passed this baby on.
Without any scientific study my top patterns for the year were:
- Cake's Hummingbird Top (I made 3 and am loving the camo print one now that the cold weather has come)
- Cake's Red Velvet Dress (I've made 4 dresses 2 for me and 2 for Mom, and one more is planned.)
- Cake's Espresso Leggings (I've made 7 pair and they're in constant rotation.)
- Built By Wendy Sew U Home Stretch knit top pattern (This is my TNT set in sleeve pattern and I've used it at least 6 times for myself and twice for others this year)
- Lastly There have been two children's patterns that I've used quite a bit and have many more plans for. The Parsley Pants and the Tumble Tee. Both simple, both gender neutral, both easy to customize and alter.
Blogging has been so beneficial in helping keep a record of my projects; to helping me think through my choices and discover more about myself. After doing this round up my Top 5 Reflections are:Inspirations post here.
So what have you learned this year? Do you have a magic color? Do you ever get HCKC? I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and has a Merry Christmas!