Friday, April 25, 2014

Crazy Costume Critiques: The Vibrant Man Edition

Where do I start? These are all screen shots taken by me from various music videos, movies, dramas and youtube videos. No infringement of any kind is intended. Everything is the property of their rightful owners and all that jazz.
Now that that boring stuff is out of the way, let's look at the clothes!!! Focus on the clothes not the guys! ;)

This guy was the start of this post. I actually squealed in the middle of a conversation when I saw those bunny pjs pop onto the screen behind us. Thankfully my friends laughed and said, "Only you, Emily."
All I can say is, "I need a boy to dress up in those stripy pants and cute vest... "
When you get up in the morning you put a jacket on, at least that seems to be what I noticed most about these guys!
I love the color and texture of this jacket! And the mandarin collar. I really like mandarin collars.
Another AMAZING jacket. I don't know how many times I rewound the music video trying to get a screen shot of this.
What do you think? Would you dress up as a baseball?
Texture and print again.  Dude, you can look as upset as you want as long as you let me pet your jacket. It's nothing personal I just like your fabric...
This jacket looked way cooler in the video than this screenshot. It really looked like a hoodie made from two different types of fabrics... It looked so cozy I wanted to make one.
Now I know there is a Dudette in this photo but both jackets were so amazing I didn't have the heart to crop it out. I'll take one of each please.
Moving on to shirts? Sweaters worn as shirts? I don't know but they're cool!
I like the juxtaposition of a tshirt with a fancy suit jacket but what I really love is that stripy knitted shirt! Is that super cool or what? What a fun look for guys.

Giant fuzzy houndstooth! Nuff said.
Sparkly bow tie! Bow ties are cool! 
Now I love polka dots but I never thought about them as a viable guy option until this. I like it. What do you think? Can guys pull of polka dots?
But the vibrant winner of today's Man Style is......


This makes me laugh and laugh. Only in drama land.... talk about some print mixing! Do you know any man who could pull this off in real life? Would you want him to? 
But wait, that's not all... He also wins the award for best accessory! I literally had to stop and rewind because I couldn't believe my eyes! This is why I love learning about other countries! 
"Hey, Dude! What'cha doing wandering around this late at night?"
"Oh, you know, nothing much. Just munching on my dried squid before
I head to bed. You want a bite?"

 So what do you think? What do the men in your life wear? Do they get adventurous with prints or colors? I'm very curious!

Do men's clothes make you want to cry or was it just this post?
Either way, please pass the TP.

2 comments:

Arts of Eska said...

I love the comment about petting his jacket. I actually used to do that to a few guy friends I had in high school. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one.

EmSewCrazy said...

Haha! Yes! For me it was ties... such great depth of color, pattern and texture.