Well this is a day late since it decided to rain for over 24 hours along with high winds which knocked our power out AGAIN! Some of the broken trees must have hit the lines. Since everyone was on the ONE line the power company put up, the whole country was out again. Thankfully it got back on about mid morning today.
The water receded in the night too so we didn't wake up to a washed out road again. I think I'm starting to get cabin fever...
Anyways... on to sewing! I managed to make these before all the bad weather and crazy power outages!
Well I tried another one of those pictorial tutorials on Pinterest. It actually turned out really well and I really like how it gives the pouch instant shape. Just a couple things to take note of.
- Be very very VERY careful sewing over the zipper ends. I’m sure you already know this but I HATE breaking needles this way.
- The loop in the seam isn’t necessary because of the deep folds on the ends but it does make it easier.
Don't they look like tasty candies!
- You can line the pouch pretty easily but you must take time to press and topstitch carefully to keep the lining out of the zipper. I lined the big one but not the little ones. Here’s a great lined pouch tutorial it’s just a bit tricker when the fabrics are in one piece instead of two, hence the careful pressing.
Left corner shows my not careful pressing.
I serged the only exposed seam.
- I interfaced all the outer fabrics with some lightweight interfacing to give the shapes a little boost.
- This is a GREAT stashbusting project since you can use any square or rectangle piece. I had so much fun using up these random vintage squares I’ve had lying around forever!
Now, I have a confession.. I hope these become Christmas gifts but not for anyone I know. I’ve got a craft show coming up in November and I’m going to throw these out there. If they don’t sell... well everybody knows what they’re getting for Christmas! :)
How's the weather where you live? What's the longest you've gone without electricity? Have you done any stashbusting this month?