|May 26th African Wax Print Dress|
|May 27th Red Dot top again.|
|May 28th Pink Tira Test run|
|My 29th, Brown knit dress|
|May 30th, finished Tiramisu|
|May 31st New Stripe Top and a Fond Farewell.|
- I learned I don't wear my handmade garments as often as I thought I did. Granted this is a transitional time of year and I've only started sewing everyday garb last September so there are still plenty of holes that need filling.
- I had accurately assessed what I need to make if I plan to wear me mades on a daily basis. Bring on the trousers and tops.
- The rest of the world wears dresses and skirts on a regular basis. I need to move there! Dresses are such an oddity here and that's probably mostly because of the way of life, but I'd still like to be able to pull on a dress and not be the weird one. But I'm always going to be a bit weird regardless of what I'm wearing so C'est la vie.
- I need to visit Britain and go tights shopping. Preferably red tights. Thick warm squishy tights. If your country has some or you know where to get them in the US let me know.
- Daily photos! What an exercise in self esteem. I'm usually the one behind the camera and having to get in front of it every day was enlightening. The first two weeks I had to keep from tearing myself down every time I edited photos. The last two weeks were much more relaxed as I got more comfortable in front of the camera and realized a photo doesn't tell the whole story. You wonderful ladies of the flickr group helped tremendously with this by showing me all your beautiful faces being happy, sad or silly (HeatherB, I'm looking at you!).
- What a fabulous community to be a part of! I "met" so many amazing ladies of all ages and I can't wait to take my time going back through the Flickr pool and getting to know you better through your blogs. If I ever get Korean learned, I feel the need to start on Japanese next because those ladies have such classy style! How do they pull that off?
Well that's all the reasons I can remember at the moment... Thanks to Zoe and everyone else for a lovely experience!