Friday, March 15, 2013

An Honest Look at Stashbusting

Hello Stashbusters!
 Today was the monthly get together of Tub's Anonymous. See, it's not just the world wide interwebs that has a stash problem, I have a local group of ladies ranging from 7 to 80 who get together to sew and each have enough fabric stored away to inspire our group name.
  I was able to get two large pieces of fabric up and out of the stash today. My friend and I cut out four knit tops and got three sewn up and ready to wear. I was happy to bring Pavlova home to sew up on my own time, since it is my first time making it. Sadly in the midst of all the fun and games I didn't get any pictures so you'll just have to take my word all this was accomplished!
  My Mom, (who is learning to sew) also helped me make a dent in a secret sewing project (you'll see it in June) so we got a decent amount of sewing done in the midst of changing poopy diapers, keeping an eye on nine kids and two babies, checking each other's projects out, and eating. (Our seven year old has an amazing button collection.)

Never fear, this isn't going to be a picture-less post! I prepared ahead for you, my intrepid stashbusters. Alas, planning was foiled by lighting conditions so I'm sharing with you an honest look at my work/living space with this project.
It was quick, it was fun, it's a CUPCAKE SKIRT!!
This picture is terrible too... I think this will be worn as some sort of petticoat for my 50's dresses. I've been asked not to wear it out of the house unless it's as a costume.

I like this better, at least it makes the picture look
intentionally bad.
Yes, I've watched one too many anime and k-drama. Yes, it is too long for those anime girls to wear. What can I say, I love my thighs but that doesn't mean I want to share them with the world.
Ok, I'm done rambling now.... 

So can you guess what piece of housewares/bedding I repurposed this darling eyelet fabric from?

Happy Stashbusting friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your group sounds like fun! And I love the name of it!

I have a question about the stashbusting. I'm making something that I'm using both stash fabrics and new fabrics I needed to buy to be able to start it in the first place. Can I still count it as a stashbusting project?

EmSewCrazy said...

Hey Melissa!
Yes it counts! As long as you are using some fabric from the stash.

My group is a blast! We have a great time together. We have a lot of fun with our name too!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can count it!! :D :D
That's so awesome you have a group like that, I need to try to get some of my friends and sister into sewing and make a group.

EmSewCrazy said...

Just warning ya, once you start it's pretty addictive!!! :D